You are invited to establish a new IACL Research Group
Thematic Research Groups are a very special part of the IACL. Although hosted by, and therefore existing under the umbrella of the IACL, these Research Groups operate independently. They conduct research and publish findings, and they organise private meetings, public events and other activities. They contribute richly to the identity and reputation of the IACL and benefit from the IACL’s affiliation and endorsement.
IACL Research Groups are well covered on the website of the IACL (www.iacl-aidc.com)
Research groups work in one language of their choice, unless they choose to be bilingual.
Anyone is welcome to set up an IACL Research Group. If you would like to set up a Research Group, please answer the following questions, in a single word document:
- What name do you give to your proposed Research Group?
- Why is there a need for a Research Group on this theme?
- What are some of the activities planned for the new Research Group?
- Please provide the names of at least 10 members of the Research Group.
- Please provide the following for at least 2 Convenor(s) / Leader(s) of the Research Group:
- Email address(es)
- Brief biography (1 paragraph)
There are currently 13 IACL Research Groups:
- Constitutions in the Age of the Internet
- Constitution-Making and Constitutional Change Constitutional Responses to Terrorism
- Cross-Judicial Fertilization – the Use of Foreign precedents by Constitutional Judges
- Subnational Constitutions in Federal and Quasi-Federal Constitutional States
- Gender and Constitutions
- Identity, Race and Ethnicity in Constitutional Law
- Judicial Review and Electoral Law
- Membership and Exclusions Under Constitutions
- The Other Rule of Law Traditions in the World
- Constitutionalism and Societal Pluralism
- Human Dignity: A Global Constitutional Principle
- New Frontiers of Federalism
- Constitutional Interpretation
You will find all their details on the IACL website: description, names of convenors and members, contact details or their own websites, as well as past, present and planned activities.